Saturday, October 11, 2008

Paint chips and other snacks

So Pete spent most of the day at the house -- power washing the deck, gutters and house. He also scraped the lead paint off of some of the old windows (more things checked off the "code compliance" list.) Our inspector actually said that lead paint chips taste sweet so that is why the kids like to eat them. Yum.

Speaking of kids. I spent the day with my two. We had a good time though Wynne was on a roll this afternoon. She started off the streak of naughtiness by secretly eating candy that had been in a treasure box she made for Pete years ago. I did not even know it was there (or I would have eaten it long ago...) Then, as I was cooking I heard "Help me" coming from Emmett's room. She was straddled over the crib, one leg in , one leg out. Then she settled down to do some art projects. I was still cooking (making dinners for next week) and she proudly showed me her masterpiece -- she cut pictures of herself and Emmett that I was planning to send to my mom and glued them to construction paper. Good thing she is so cute.

No comments: