Friday, October 10, 2008

Demo

Our giant dumpster arrived on Wednesday so Pete was able to start demolition. I had to work, but he was able to remove all of the random walls in the basement (not sure what there were used for, but lots of "grow lights" in one room (and no garden in the yard) leads us to one conclusion....



He also took the cabinets out of the downstairs bathroom and ordered replacement glass for the windows that needed to be repaired.



I came by at the end of the day on Thursday to help with the demo. My job was to pry the tiles off the wall in the upstairs bathroom. (The very same bathroom I cleaned just a few days ago. I suspect I am being assigned "busy work".) I carefully removed the tiles so as not to damage the walls. Then we took down the walls. Hmmmmm. OK, not all of the walls. Guess I did not need to be so careful. But tearing down the walls was fun. I was a bit more tentative than Pete (tapping against the wall vs. smashing the wall) but it is done.

No comments: