Monday, November 24, 2008

The Jen Trap

So we have a mouse (hoping just one) in our "real" house, not the rehab. This guy has evaded us for weeks. He first showed his pointy little nose a few weeks ago. (On a side note, this may explain Wynne's complaints about a gopher in her room. Maybe it wasn't a dream....)

Anyway, we set out snap traps with peanut butter. No luck (had to get up early every morning and collect the traps so the kids did not get caught.) We still have not found a nest or any mouse nuggets but we've seen him in the kitchen near the dishwasher. So we decided to try glue traps. We put them out at night, pick them up in the morning, put them out before work, pick them up when we get home. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. No mouse.

Today after work I did not pick them up since I put Emmett right into his booster for dinner. Figured he would not get trapped so no reason -- wrong!

While making dinner, I stepped right into the trap and was...trapped! I COULD NOT separate my sock from this thing. Wynne, ever the cool head, instructed me to take my sock off. Good thing it had a hole in it anyway.

So if you are keeping score:

Mouse - 1
Jen - 0

No comments: