Monday, December 1, 2008

CSI: Saint Paul



It is never good to pull up to your house to see a bunch of people standing around, looking quizzically at your garage.

But that is just what happened today.



Someone left a little treat for us -- a dead, gutted deer. Gross.

This is the city. Discovering a dead person "Law and Order" style is one thing. A giant animal in your yard - totally unexpected.

I am very confused as to why someone would go through the trouble of gutting a deer and then dump it. Now you may ask how I know it was gutted -- I did not conduct the crime scene investigation myself. Luckily my neighbor was on site to declare that it had been gutted, share cause of death (arrow) and time of death (two days ago).

The neighbor said he called the police. Not sure what they'll do - maybe release the deer into his custody?

I've sent Pete out to check if the deer is still there. If no one takes it I guess we'll have to get rid of it. Maybe I will tie it to my car and run some errands....Never a dull moment.

1 comment:

Anne said...

That is toally GROSS! I would have started screaming. Yuck, Yuck, Yuck. Why in the world is it ok to dump garbage or ya know bodies in other people's yard? Sometimes I do not understand the world in which we live.